Apple Spice Oatmeal Cake Recipe
This warm breakfast is tasty, filling, and kid-approved.
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, plus extra to sprinkle on top
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 to 3 tablespoons brown sugar (or date puree)
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Combine wet ingredients in a second bowl.
- Mix together wet and dry ingredients and stir well.
- Spread mixture into 9-inch square pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
Nutrition Information (per serving)
- Calories: 220
- Total fat: 7 g
- Saturated fat: 1.5 g
- Cholesterol: 25 mg
- Sodium: 50 mg
- Total carbohydrate: 34 g
- Dietary fiber: 5 g
- Sugars: 8 g
- Added sugars: 5 g
- Protein: 6 g
Note: Nutrition information calculated using 2 1/2 tablespoons of brown sugar.