250 Hospital Parkway
San Jose, CA 95119
Monday through Friday
6:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Closed for Lunch
12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
We, the health care professionals of Kaiser Permanente San Jose Medical Center Department of Pathology and Clinical Laboratory Plan are proud of our tradition of providing excellent service and high quality, comprehensive, cost-effective anatomic pathology and clinical laboratory services.
We are committed to treating our patients, members and each other with care, respect and dignity. In support of this philosophy, our mission is to provide:
- Quality anatomic pathology diagnoses.
- Timeliness of reporting in a format accessible to the providers who use them.
- Courteous and professional service from the department’s health care team.
- Client-focused and accessible service for the medical center’s patient members and providers.
- Professional satisfaction and continual improvement in services rendered.
Provision of Care and Services
The provision of patient care is a team effort in collaboration with medical center providers, patient care staff and other ancillary departments. Pathology and clinical laboratory services are performed at the request of authorized medical center providers and coordinated with areas providing direct patient care.
The Department of Pathology offers diagnostic services in surgical pathology, cytopathology and autopsy pathology for inpatient and outpatient care services. Service is provided for all medical conditions to patients of all ages, including neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adults and geriatric. Pathology is staffed 10 hours each weekday. A Pathologist is on-call, providing services 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Your doctor is online
Get to know your doctors and browse recommended information and helpful online tools on My Doctor Online. From your doctor’s home page, you can also:
- manage (schedule, view, cancel) appointments
- refill prescriptions
- check test results
- email your doctor
- view preventive health reminders and past visit information.
“Live Long and Thrive”
Last updated on 6/26/2014.