CCM - MULTIFIT
Chronic Condition Management (CCM)- MULTIFIT
Building 3, 2nd Floor, Cardiology Department
270 International Circle
San Jose, CA 95119
Program Inquires and Appointments: 1-408-972-7000 x5943
Monday through Friday
9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Closed for Lunch
12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
Please note: Patients are seen in the MULTIFIT program by referral only.
What is MULTIFIT?
MULTIFIT is a highly effective rehabilitation program for cardiac patients. It can help you feel better and improve your confidence. This program was designed and researched by Stanford’s Cardiac Rehabilitation Program and Kaiser Permanente. You work on reducing your multiple coronary risk factors so you become fit. Hence the name, MULTIFIT.
A cardiac nurse will be your personal care manager for up to one year. You receive encouragement and guidance in making lifestyle changes. This is done through scheduled phone calls and progress report mailings. During this time, you will continue to see your primary care physician for medical and follow-up care.
In the MULTIFIT program, your rehabilitation is done at home with the support of your family and friends. You will be introduced to information that will assist you in reducing your risk factors.
Is MULTIFIT for You?
This program is for patients who have just had a heart attack, heart bypass surgery, or angioplasty. It will help you get back to normal and support you in achieving a healthier lifestyle.
- Individualized professional care and advice from a MULTIFIT nurse.
- Regular telephone calls about your progress
- Periodic blood tests to check changes in blood cholesterol levels.
- Individualized progress reports on your dietary changes.
- A personal prescription for home exercise.
- Self-help materials for risk factor reduction.
- Telephone advice as needed.
- Convenience. The program is home-based, eliminating many trips to the hospital or clinic.
Your doctor is online
Get to know your doctors and browse recommended information and helpful online tools on My Doctor Online. From your doctor’s home page, you can also:
- manage (schedule, view, cancel) appointments
- refill prescriptions
- check test results
- email your doctor
- view preventive health reminders and past visit information.