Good health is just the beginning
Thank you for choosing Kaiser Permanente as your health care provider. You can access services at any of our locations as soon as your coverage becomes effective. If you aren’t sure of your exact effective date, ask your employer. You will receive your Kaiser Permanente identification card and medical record number in the mail after your coverage becomes effective. Please follow these steps to help you get started:
New Member Orientation
We invite you for a phone orientation, which will help you learn how to start accessing all that Kaiser Permanente offers, including how to:
- Choose the personal care provider who is right for you. We’ve got answers to help you select your own personal care provider from one of our primary care departments.
- Transfer your prescriptions and medical records to Kaiser Permanente.
- Get appointments and advice.
- Make the most of your appointment.
- Refill your prescriptions and use our online “Pharmacy Center” and mail-order refill services.
- Get help from Member Services.
- Take classes and access the other services of our Health Education Department.
Please call us at 415-833-2562 for a one-on-one orientation.Next: Choose Your Doctor >