Maternal / Child Health
Our Labor and Delivery unit, Mother/Baby unit, and Nursery provide a friendly and warm environment to support the birthing experiences of families and their new arrivals. We offer the personalized care of experienced certified nurse-midwives for most normal deliveries. Our nursing, lactation, and social services staff will assist with your every need.
Recent research conducted by California Watch found that our hospital’s Labor and Delivery unit has one of the lowest cesarean-section rates for low-risk pregnancies in the state.
We offer numerous resources for parents including:
- Newsletters about preparing for your baby’s arrival, and caring for your child at different ages;
- Classes such as Newborn Care, Preparing for Childbirth, Breastfeeding, and support groups like Baby and Me;
- Lactation experts to assist mothers and babies;
- The Newborn Channel in our hospital rooms;
- Newborn care videos which can be watched from your computer.