New Visitor Policy
Visitor Policy updated Nov. 6, 2020
Kaiser Permanente visitation policies are based on the state’s colored-tier system for COVID-19 activity for each county and are subject to change if a county tier status shifts.
Please do not visit or accompany patients if you have a cough or cold or are sick. All visitors must wear a proper face mask at all times and maintain at least six feet of distance from other visitors and patients while on our campus.
Any visitor who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 30 days or showing any COVID-19 symptoms will not be permitted entrance.
- 1 visitor per patient
Pediatrics, Pediatric Intensive Care, and Neonatal Intensive Care
- 2 visitors at a time, rotating between 2 designated
Labor & Delivery
- 1 visitor at a time and a doula by prearrangement
Surgery (same day)
- 1 visitor at a time
Emergency Room (depending on capacity)
- 1 visitor at a time with adult patients
- 2 visitors at a time for pediatric patients
Medical Offices and Clinics
- 1 visitor for pediatric patients or patients with
disabilities or cognitive impairments, and
- Screening of visitors will be conducted at entrances.
- Any visitors with fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, or other COVID-19 symptoms, or confirmed COVID-19 will not be allowed entry.
- Any visitors must wear a mask, social distance, follow safety precautions, and limit movement while in the facility.
- If not accompanying the patient in the exam room, support persons will wait for the patient outside the clinic.
Policies are in accordance with California Department of Public Health guidelines.