COVID-19 Information and Visitor Policy for Kaiser Permanente in Northern California
As part of our commitment to protect our patients and staff, and to prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have implemented the following in our facilities:
Anyone entering our facilities must wear a mask over their nose and mouth, regardless of vaccination status.
Anyone entering our hospital and surgical settings in our facilities will encounter temperature checkpoints. If you are found to have an elevated temperature you will be provided further instruction.
Potential visitors should stay home if they feel sick. Those entering our medical office buildings or other clinic locations will be prompted to self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms and provided direction if they have symptoms.
Visitor restrictions are in effect for all our facilities and correspond directly to the CDC-published COVID-19 transmission rates in the county that our hospitals are located and are based on 3 levels of transmission rates: substantial, high, or low.
Per a health order from the state of California, hospital or skilled nursing facility visitors must provide proof of full vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours in order to enter these facilities to visit/accompany a patient. This is not applicable to those visiting lab, pharmacy or radiology, or those visiting critical condition and imminently dying patients. Limited exceptions for essential support persons.
Please call ahead prior to visiting our facilities if you have questions.
- Find acceptable proof of vaccination options.
- Schedule a vaccine appt.
- Request a COVID-19 test with Kaiser Permanente or find other locations where you can get tested.
Hospital and Emergency Department visitation is limited at this time.
We are following California Department of Public Health (CDPH) Order
PROOF OF FULL VACCINATION OR A NEGATIVE COVID-19 TEST WITHIN 72 HOURS BEFORE VISIT REQUIRED FOR ALL HOSPITAL AND EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT VISITORS.
*Exceptions can be made for end of life situations.
Our highest priority is the health and safety of our members, patients,
staff and the community. Please follow these safety precautions:
- No visitors with COVID-19 symptoms or suspected COVID-19.
- No visitors under age 12
- All visitors to the hospital and ED will be screened for symptoms.
- Maintain all safety precautions: masking, social distancing, and hand washing — and follow instructions from staff. Stay home if you are sick.
- Hospital-issued masks are required and must cover your nose, mouth and chin
- Visitors and patients should wear a mask at all times unless told to remove it by staff
- Visitors should limit movement in the facility.