COVID-19 Information and Visitor Policy for Kaiser Permanente in Northern California
As part of our commitment to protect our patients and staff, and to prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have implemented the following in our facilities:
In counties under public order, anyone entering our facilities must wear a mask. Masks are recommended for all persons entering our facilities in all other counties. If you arrive without a mask, we’ll provide one.
Anyone entering our facilities will encounter temperature checkpoints. If you are found to have an elevated temperature you will be asked additional questions with regards to your visit and either escorted to your appointment or asked to contact your care provider.
Kaiser Permanente visitation policies are based on the state’s colored-tier system for COVID-19 activity for each county and are subject to change if a county tier status shifts.
Visitor Policy: RED, ORANGE, and YELLOW tiers
Facilities with county status listed as “substantial, moderate, or minimal” or red, orange, or yellow:
General Hospital Visitation
- Up to 2 visitors at a time, from the same household, following all safety precautions including masking and only when social distancing can be safely maintained.
Labor & Delivery
- Up to 2 designated visitors at a time including a doula, if prearranged.
Emergency Room & Perioperative
- Visitor access may be restricted and limited to no visitors or only 1 visitor allowed, for everyone’s safety.
COVID-19 Patients or Patient Under Investigation
- Predesignated visitors for COVID-19 patients may be allowed under special circumstances with approval.
- Visitors will be screened for fever and other COVID-19 symptoms at designated and secured entry points.
- Visitors with symptoms or in active quarantine or isolation for COVID-19 will not be allowed to visit.
- Visitors must wear appropriate masks at all times (including in patient rooms), maintain social distancing, follow safety precautions, and limit movement while in the facility, even if vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Visitors under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult from the same household (counts as 2 visitors), be supervised by an adult other than the patient, wear a face mask, and follow all safety precautions.
Policies are in accordance with California Department of Public Health guidelines and may be superseded by stricter county guidelines.