Napa/Solano Palliative Care Service
Palliative care is the active, total care of a patient who has a serious advanced illness. The Napa/Solano Palliative Care Service is a consulting service designed to enhance and support any other treatment or service a patient may receive. Our goal is to help the patient thrive while they are coping with and managing their illness.
What services are provided?
- Advanced illness care planning
- Advance directives preparation
- Patient and family education
- Bereavement counseling
What can palliative care do for you?
- We are here to help patients achieve the best possible quality of life by helping them consider care options based on their changing medical condition and personal values
- We provide practical, emotional, and spiritual support
- We facilitate communication between family members and loved ones
- We help manage your pain and other difficult symptoms
Who does palliative care?
The palliative care team sees patients who have serious medical conditions that are manageable but not curable:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Congestive heart failure (CHF)
- End-stage neurological disease
- End-stage renal disease
The Napa/Solano Palliative Care Service team consists of:
- Social workers
- Other consultants as needed (spiritual care, pharmacy, psychiatry, nutrition services, and so on)
Open to Kaiser Permanente members only.