Teen Clinic at Vallejo
975 Sereno Drive
Medical Office Bldg
1st Floor,Hallway G
Vallejo, CA 94589
Teen Callers: 707-651-4566
Welcome to the Teen Clinic Home Page
Our Teen Clinic provides comprehensive care to Kaiser Permanente members from ages 13 to 18. You can make an appointment with one of our clinicians for an exam or to get professional advice about a broad range of topics, including birth control, sexuality issues, and acne treatment.
Please feel free to explore this website for Teen Health Information, Teen Resources in Times of Crisis, Free Teen Help Lines and Local Teen Services. It is brimming with valuable health information that will answer many of your questions about nutrition, exercise, stress, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), depression, weight-loss, birth control (contraception), sexually transmitted diseases, pregnancy, and more.
What is the Teen Clinic?
The Teen Clinic is a separate area away from the “Baby Clinic,” a transition place between the Pediatric and Adult clinics. It is a more private place where young people and parents can discuss questions and concerns with a professional person when they can’t or don’t know how to talk with each other. In the Teen Clinic, we give care for such routine things as sore throats, acne, and routine and sports physicals. Advice, information, and care regarding menstrual cramps, birth control, and STDs are also given. Physicians, nurse practitioners, and social workers in this clinic have a special interest and expertise in adolescent medicine and have resources and educational materials appropriate to the teen years. Teens can make their own appointments at the Teen Clinic and their privacy is respected. That being said, we in the Teen Clinic encourage Parent-Child communication when possible. It is the intention of the Teen Clinic to supplement, not usurp, parental rights and responsibilities.
Does my child have to be seen in Teen Clinic?
No! We encourage you to keep your child’s regular pediatrician until their eighteenth birthday. However, because of the special needs of some adolescents, you may choose to have your child make the transition to this clinic in their teen years.
What if I don’t want my parents to know I’m going to the doctor?
You can make your own appointments! Parental consent is not necessary for a minor asking for birth control information, for a pregnant minor seeking treatment relating to her pregnancy, for abortion, for STD testing and treatment, and for some mental health issues. Therefore, if you request confidentiality regarding these issues, your parents will not be informed of your appointments. However, your physician or nurse practitioner will encourage you to talk with your parents or guardians about their findings. For some matters, California Law requires consent of a parent or guardian before medical treatment can be given to anyone under the age of 18.
Teen Health Care Information
If you ARE a Kaiser Member:
- Teen Clinic:707-651-1037 to make an appointment for general medical and confidential services including birth control and STD checks.
- Gynecology Clinic: 707-651-1021 to make an appointment for birth control, pregnancy testing, or STD check. For female teens 18 and older.
- Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program (CPSP): 707-651-2916 for a perinatal care appointment.
- Teen Prenatal Program: 707-651-3354. Support group meets on Wednesdays from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- Teen Drug and Alcohol Program (CDS): 707-651-1050 for support groups and counseling. Vacaville, 707-453-5255.
- Anger Management Program: 707-651-2312.
- Social Services: 707-651-3388 for brief counseling appointments, pregnancy counseling, and information on community resources.
- Eye Clinic: 707-651-1085 to make an appointment to have your eyes checked or if you think you need glasses.
- Health Education: 707-651-2692 for books, pamphlets, videos, and other information on most health issues.
- Teen Education Center located in Teen clinic.
If you are NOT a Kaiser member:
(These clinics will not see you if you are a Kaiser member.)
The following places provide two kinds of services which are free or based on your ability to pay: general medical services (for which you will need a parent/guardian to accompany you to your appointments if you are under 18) and confidential services (pregnancy testing, STD services, birth control, and abortion information). You do NOT need a parent/guardian to receive confidential services.
- Planned Parenthood 707-643-4545
- La Clinica Vallejo 707-556-8100
- Solano County Health Department 707-553-5509