Our programs and services
Acute inpatient rehabilitation program
Our rehabilitation team is committed to helping restore individuals to an optimal level of well-being. To make this happen, we focus on the uniqueness of each patient and his or her physical, psychological, social, leisure, and vocational needs.
- Rehabilitation begins within 48 hours of admission, with an evaluation of the patient. The patient’s family and significant others play a vital role in this evaluation.
- Our rehabilitation team then sets realistic goals and develops a customized treatment plan. Throughout the patient’s stay, progress is monitored and goals are re-evaluated.
- Counseling services are available to both patients and family members to address such issues as adjustment to disability, and other emotional and personal issues.
Our Center is fully equipped to provide the care patients need to recover and to get back to home, work, and play.
- A gymnasium helps patients strengthen and restore function, and practice movements such as climbing stairs.
- An apartment helps patients practice getting around a living room, kitchen, bedroom, and bathroom so they can feel prepared to go home when therapy is done.
- An outdoor garden provides not just relaxation, but an opportunity to do planting, weeding, and other recreational activities.
- Our “activities of daily living” facility includes a kitchen to help patients practice their skills and make the transition to home and work easier.
- A transfer car helps patients practice a common—but overlooked—skill: safely getting into and out of a car.
Our care extends outside the Center as well. Continuing care, including visits with physicians and other health practitioners, is arranged at a Kaiser Permanente facility.
A high rate of patient satisfaction and program outcomes
Last year, patients in our stroke, brain injury, and spinal cord injury inpatient programs reported a high level of satisfaction with their care. Our patients also have a higher rate of returning to the community when compared to other rehabilitation facilities in the nation.
Patient satisfaction with our:
Other programs and resources
In addition to our inpatient rehabilitation care, the Center offers outpatient programs and education resources to help patients achieve greater independence.
Learn how we continue patients’ recovery, even after they leave the Center.
Patient and family education resources
Get the knowledge you and your family need to make a full recovery more possible and make transitions to home and work easier for the patient.
Post-graduate PNF Physical Therapy training program2022
Physical therapists obtain information regarding participation in our Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF) training program, one of the longest running post-graduate Physical Therapy education programs in the nation.
To learn more about the program and how to register please download this brochure. PNF Program for Physical Therapists