For Current Patients
Thank you for registering for Kaiser Permanente Addiction Medicine Recovery Services Online Groups Program. Please review the preparation steps below to ensure that you are able to access Kaiser Permanente online groups through WebEx Meetings. You will receive a separate email sent to your personal email address with a link to the WebEx meeting where your scheduled group will be hosted.
WebEx Meetings Preparation
(to be done before you join the group for the first time)
Download and test software on your device
1- Open Chrome, Firefox, or Safari browser (not Internet Explorer or Edge)
2- Click on this link to test your device: WebEx Test
3- Enter your name and email address and click “Join.” Please use your FIRST NAME and INITIAL of your LAST NAME.
4- You may be asked to download a plug-in to install the software (note: Windows Vista and older operating systems are not compatible with WebEx).
5- You may also download the Cisco WebEx Meetings app on Google Play or Apple App Store.
Joining the online group using computer or mobile device
1- Within 24 hours of the group’s scheduled start time, you will receive an email from WebEx with the link to the group
2- The first time you join a WebEx group you will be asked to enter in your name and email address
3- When joining a group, enter only your FIRST NAME and INITIAL of YOUR LAST NAME
4- You may need to click on “run a temporary application” to gain access to the meeting
Additional information for group participation.
You may be muted automatically when you join the group so that the group facilitator can provide group members with information about group participation. (If you use an operating system older than Windows Vista, call in for audio-only at 408-418-9388 and enter the access code/meeting number.)
During the online group you can use the Chat Box on the right-hand side of the screen to send the facilitator a direct message.
If you join late, please respect the other group members by not speaking out loud until there is appropriate opportunity to do so. The group facilitator is able to see that you have joined.
Privacy is a concern for everyone in an online group. Each participant wants what is said in the group to be treated with respect and complete discretion. Along with Kaiser Permanente’s commitment to foster respect for all in online groups, each participant also has a responsibility to respect and protect each other’s privacy. Please share useful general information outside of the group, but what you hear and learn about individual group members should not be shared.
This WebEx service includes a feature that allows for audio to be heard and documents and other materials to be exchanged or viewed during the session. By joining this online session, you automatically consent to participate. If you do not consent to participate, discuss your concerns with your individual provider prior to the start of the group or do not join the session.
- Privacy is a concern for everyone in a group. Each participant wants what is said in the group to be treated with respect and complete discretion. Along with Kaiser Permanente’s commitment to foster respect for all in the group, each participant also has a responsibility to respect and protect each other’s privacy.
- Please feel free to share useful general information outside of the group. What you hear and learn about individual group members should stay here. Please do not record anything from this group.
- This WebEx service includes a feature that allows for audio to be heard and documents and other materials exchanged to be viewed during the session. By joining this session, you automatically consent to participate. If you do not consent to participate, please exit the meeting and discuss your concerns with your individual provider.
- For a successful group experience for yourself and others, you will need to have a quiet, private location where you are not interrupted and others who are not participating in the group will not overhear the discussion of the group. If you cannot be alone, please use headphones and protect any screens you are using to ensure they are not viewable by others not participating in the group.
- Please mute yourself when you are not speaking.
- If you are calling from a phone that has “hold” music, please do not put the group on hold. Your hold music will come through to the rest of the group.
- Everyone attending this group and we each have one thing in common: each person is choosing to improve their life in some way. The group exists to support each person with achieving their substance use goals and life goals.
- Group members will create small, specific goals on a weekly basis. In harm reduction philosophy, small goals have been shown to yield larger results.
- Everything said during group, including who is here, is confidential, with the exception of mandated reporting (i.e. threat of harm to self or another; reported abuse of a minor or elder person or dependent adult) which the facilitator is legally obligated to report.
- Please do not participate in the group while under the influence or intoxicated.
- No mind or mood altering substances are allowed during the group.
- In order to minimize disruptions and maintain group confidentiality please make sure you are alone and in a quiet place.
In order to process your disability and/or FMLA request a recent visit and a Work Activity Status Form are now required. You can contact your therapist /physician telephone or secure message on kp.org to discuss your needs and obtain a copy of your Work Activity Status Form.
If you are filing an Initial Claim for State Disability Insurance please file on line at
Applying online reduces processing time and provides immediate electronic confirmation of your claim. Access is only available to register Monday-Friday from 6am-6pm. You will need the following information to register online:
Legal name, a valid email address, date of birth, Social Security Number, CA Driver’s License or State ID Number, U.S. or International physical address, mailing address, and a valid phone number.
Once you have completed your portion of the claim filing process, there are two options for you to communicate this message to Kaiser so that the Physician Certification portion is completed (for initial claims, both options require the 16 digit claim receipt number issued by the State):
- Complete the “Claim Information” section of the form on the reverse side
- Contact the Release of Information Department (ROI) to verbally submit your request. ROI telephone numbers are:
Vallejo: 707-651-3838 and 707-651-3839
If your disability has been extended please call the Release of Medical Information Department and let them know your treating provider has given you an updated Work Activity Status Form (WASF).