Online Classes Available Now
Please join us for a wider range of online classes and individual appointments with a local health educator, now available to meet your health needs.
WHAT WILL YOU NEED?
- Video Visit: My Doctor Online app needs to be downloaded onto a smartphone to meet with a health educator
- Telephone Visit:
- Any telephone (mobile or landline) will allow talking with a health educator.Note: Classes are available to all KP members at no fee, 18+ years of age unless specifically noted
PEDIATRIC HEALTH EDUCATION
Telephone or Video Appointments
- Parenting 30-minute consultations address common concerns with children 4 months – 5 years: feeding difficulties, starting solids, picky eating, toilet training, behavior challenges and sleep.
- Nutrition 30-minute consultations review family eating patterns, strategies, and set specific nutrition goals
Online Classes: Topics include Parenting, Picky Eating, ADHD Parent Education and Basic Nutrition for Families.
Learn how to lower your risk for heart attack and stroke through heart-healthy lifestyle changes including eating healthy, taking blood pressure at home, medication adherence, fitness tips and tobacco cessation; single session.
STROKE EDUCATION AND SUPPORT GROUP
Join us for education and support for stroke survivors and their care givers or adult family members.
EMOTIONAL HEALTH AND WELLNESS PROGRAMS
Learn how emotions and thoughts affect health, practice skills to reduce your symptoms, apply resources to improve your life. Increase your emotional health and wellness by joining our classes from the safety of your home.
Online Classes available now: Manage Stress, Anxiety, Depression and Insomnia.
IMPROVING YOUR BLADDER HEALTH
For women only, all adult ages. Learn about pelvic health including tips you can use right away to help reduce urinary incontinence.
SAFETY, BALANCE, AND FALL PREVENTION
Have you fallen recently? Do you feel off balance when you walk or use stairs? Are you afraid to fall? You’ll learn why people tend to fall more as they age, about common home hazards, tips to make your home and environment safer, and important exercises to build your balance, flexibility, and strength to prevent falls. If you’re a family member whose partner is at risk for falling, class will be useful, too. kp.org/exercise Stay active and fit with a variety of reduced rates on studios, gyms, fitness gear, and online classes – available for Kaiser Permanente members.
Learn how to manage Diabetes Type 2 with healthy eating, physical activity, glucose monitoring, medication adherence and emotional balance.
•Online Classes: English, Spanish, Cantonese and Tagalog Additional resource: kp.org/mydoctor/diabetes
SMOKING CESSATION RESOURCES
- Telephone or Video Appointments
- Call our WELLNESS COACH services for support and tools personalized just for you
- To schedule an appointment for telephone sessions call: 1-866-251-4514, toll free Visit: kp.org/mydoctor/wellnesscoaching
EXPECTANT & NEW PARENTS
Please join us for Breastfeeding, Newborn Care, Childbirth Preparation and Preparing for Postpartum. Labor & Delivery “Tour” Question & Answer Sessions, Meet the Midwives Sessions, and Baby & Me Support Groups for New & Expectant Parents are also available online. Visit http://bit.ly/Prenatal_Classes for more information on the classes and to view class calendars.
These series are designed to help you lose weight, develop healthy habits, and gain confidence. Learn the skills to build on your successes, overcome challenges, and practice new behaviors for weight loss management. https://mydoctor.kaiserpermanente.org/ncal/healthyweight
TO REGISTER, CALL ONE OF OUR HEALTHY LIVING CENTERS:
Fremont: 510-248-3455 San Leandro 510-454-4531 Union City 510-675-4531