Welcome to Kaiser GSAA Northern California
All incoming students must be represented by an affiliated school and program which has been approved, signed contract on file with Kaiser Permanente Northern California Regional Office.
Please understand that these clinical rotations are only for: Fremont Medical Center, Hayward Sleepy Hollow, San Leandro Medical Center, and Union City Medical Office Building.
No exceptions all students must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated, including booster.
If you are enrolled in school for a higher degree such as BS, MSN, NP, DNP, etc., and requiring a mentor or preceptorship. Then the first step for you as an employee is to contact the student placement coordinator at GSAAStudentOnboarding@kp.org, because we must verify that there is a signed contract agreement on file between Kaiser Permanente and your school. Lastly, what type of assistance you are requiring as well.
Student Placement Process – requests are to be submitted 4 to 6
weeks before the desired start date.
Inpatient Nursing Student Clinical Rotations
Please make sure to return all required paperwork either by secured email or facsimile as indicated below along with all supporting documents (immunizations health records).
Once accepted, go to the Inpatient Checklist for Clinical RN Student Placement.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out to the placement coordinators:
- Student Placement
Office: 510-675-6844 or 510-675-5739
- Gwendolyn Robinson
Student Liaison – Fremont
Outpatient/General Student Clinical Rotations
Once accepted, go to the Outpatient Checklist for General Student Placement.
- IMPORTANT: A new security process for logging into KP Learn. First, you must call our IT Help Desk at (1-888-457-4872) and put in a direct service ticket for a PingID number. In the meantime, you should be able to download the App to your computer. It takes 48-hours to receive a temporary PingID number. Students must call back after 48-hours to receive that number. Once you received it, then you can access KP Learn.
- Also, you cannot access KP Learn if using a MAC computer, HP Chromebook or any Mobile Device. Follow the instructions as noted below to access KP Learn and complete the modules.
KP Learn – Online Certificates for Completion
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out to the Outpatient Student placement coordinator at: Phone: 510-675-5739 or 510-675-6844, Fax: 510-675-6673
Department Specific Safety Training to be completed on first day of your clinical rotation.
KP Learn Information
Driving Directions and Maps for Parking at the Facilities
- Fremont Medical Center
- San Leandro Medical Center
- Hayward-Sleepy Hollow Medical Offices
- Union City Medical Offices
- Union City Landing
Additional Information – Security Handouts