One Hour Glucose Test
1) This test must be started 2 hours before laboratory closing time.
2) You will be given a carbonated solution containing 50 grams of glucose to drink.
3) After finishing the drink, please return the bottle and cup to the receptionist. The time for your blood test (i.e. one hour from the time you finished drinking the glucose solution) will be noted on the requisition, which will be returned to you.
4) Your blood sample will be drawn at 1 hour after drinking the glucose solution.
5) Do not eat or drink (except water) during the 1 hour waiting period.