COVID-19 Visitor Policy
Anyone entering our facilities must continue to wear a well-fitted mask, that covers their nose, mouth and chin, regardless of vaccination status. You may receive a recommendation to wear a KP supplied mask upon entry to facility to improve safety.
We have modified our visitor policy for our inpatient facilities. We are now allowing up to 2 visitors for all patient groups within our hospitals in Northern California.
Per a health order from the state of California, hospital or skilled nursing facility visitors must provide proof of full vaccination or a negative COVID-19 PCR test result which has been taken within 48 hours before entry or a negative COVID-19 antigen test result which has been taken within 24 hours before entry. This is not applicable to those entering the facility to access the lab, pharmacy, or radiology.
These visitor restrictions correspond directly to the CDPH-published COVID-19 transmission rates in the county that our hospitals are located and are based on 4 levels of transmission rates: high, substantial, moderate, or low.
Medical Office Buildings and Clinics
1 support person in the exam room* for:
- Pediatric patients (2 adults if multiple children have appointments)
- Patients with disabilities, language or emotional support needs
- Patients having an OB ultrasound
* Visitors not with the patient in the exam room must wait outside the clinic.
Safety precautions for all facilities:
- Follow instructions from staff.
- Maintain all safety precautions: masking, social distancing, hand washing, and instructions from staff. Stay home if you are sick.
- No visitors with COVID-19 symptoms or suspected COVID-19.
- Visitors should limit movement in the facility.
- No eating or drinking in patients rooms.
- Visitors under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Consider asking if a virtual visit is possible.
- Visit kp.org/covidvaccine for more information about COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Masks required at all times, even if you are vaccinated.
- Hospital visitor hours: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.