COVID-19 Information and Visitor Policy for Kaiser Permanente in Northern California
As part of our commitment to protect our patients and staff, and to prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have implemented the following in our facilities:
In counties under public order, anyone entering our facilities must wear a mask. Masks are recommended for all persons entering our facilities in all other counties. If you arrive without a mask, we’ll provide one.
Anyone entering our facilities will encounter temperature checkpoints. If you are found to have an elevated temperature you will be asked additional questions regarding your visit and either escorted to your appointment or asked to contact your care provider.
In accordance with recent guidelines from the California Department of Public Health, we are limiting visitors in our facilities. Kaiser Permanente visitation policies are based on the state’s colored-tier system for COVID-19 activity for each county and are subject to change if a county tier status shifts.
Please do not visit or accompany patients if you have a cough or cold or are sick. All visitors must wear a proper face mask at all times and maintain at least six feet of distance from other visitors and patients while on our campus.
Any visitor who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 30 days or showing any COVID-19 symptoms will not be permitted entrance.
Fresno County is currently in the “Widespread” (purple) tier
Hospital Visitor Policy
- No visitors allowed except for the specific groups below
NICU and Hospital Pediatric Patients
- 2 visitors maximum, but only one at a time
Labor & Delivery
- 1 primary support person
Hospice or End of Life
- 1 visitor at a time or by special arrangement
Patients with Disabilities
- 1 visitor at time for patients with physical, intellectual, and or developmental disabilities
- Screening of visitors will be conducted at entrances.
- Any visitors with fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, or other COVID-19 symptoms, or confirmed COVID-19 will not be allowed entry.
- Any visitors must wear a mask, social distance, follow safety precautions, and limit movement while in the facility.
Policies are in accordance with California Department of Public Health guidelines.