Delivering culturally competent care to our Transgender Members
The Multi-Specialty Transitions Department (MST) at Kaiser Permanente Oakland Medical Center is deeply committed to providing equitable, compassionate and high-quality medical care to our transgender patients and their families.
Our specialist team consists of clinicians from surgery, internal medicine, gynecology, psychiatry, social services and nursing, who work together to provide comprehensive healthcare for Kaiser Permanente members needing gender-affirming health care services, including hormone consultations, surgical evaluations, psychological services, and gynecologic care.
Our department, located at the Oakland Medical Center, serves as a resource for Kaiser Permanente members locally, regionally and nationally. We are proud to partner with our transgender members to provide affirming health care services for the transgender and gender non-conforming communities.
Kaiser Permanente members, general public & non-Kaiser Permanente clinicians
Multi-Specialty Transitions (MST) is a Kaiser Permanente department, and services are available to all Kaiser Permanente members.
- If you are a new or current Kaiser Permanente member in need of a trans-competent primary care clinician, please ask your Primary Care Physician for a referral.
- If you are not currently a Kaiser Permanente member and are interested in becoming one, please check out your options on kp.org
We look forward to partnering with you on your comprehensive healthcare needs.
Northern California Kaiser Permanente clinicians
- If you are a Kaiser Permanente Northern California clinician, please refer transgender patients appropriate for MST through eConsult (Oakland Transgender Services).
- Kaiser Permanente clinicians can access Clinical Library to review the Kaiser Permanente Northern California Practice Resource Guidelines (2012) and Clinician Referral Network.
Kaiser Permanente clinicians outside Northern California
- If you are a Kaiser Permanente clinician from a region outside of Northern California and you would like to refer a transgender member, please contact the MST department by calling 510-752-7149.
Athena Guy Malloy, MS, LCGC
Shannon Huffaker, RN, NP
Terri Hupfer, RN, NP
Tamara Ooms, RN, FNP