Spiritual Care Services
No matter who you are or where you are in your spiritual journey, we are here to support you.
Spirituality: the aspect of humanity that refers to the way individuals seek and express meaning and purpose and the way they experience their connectedness to the moment, to self, to others, to nature, and to the significant or sacred. It answers questions of source, meaning, purpose, and hope.
What is the Essence of Spiritual Care?
Every person has the innate intuition and internal resources to find their own way through distress, to find their own truth. There are times when we all need support and care, someone to listen and witness, someone to see us for the whole person that we are, and to honor and share our journey with us.
This is what Professional Interfaith Chaplains strive to do – to meet you exactly as you are, to listen, to encourage, to assist you in your search for peace.
Chaplains are available on the inpatient, clinical units in the Oakland and Richmond medical centers.
Spiritual Care Services will help you in these ways:
- Listening and presence – especially when you need a heart-to-heart talk.
- Support when you hear of a new diagnosis, recurrence of serious or life-threatening illness that makes you anxious.
- Spiritual Counseling when difficult decisions need to be talked through.
- Consultation to help you, your family and friends work through spiritual questions.
- Counseling to help you make decisions around you spiritual goals, advance directives, or end-of-life issues.
- Contacting your house of worship leader to make a call on you.
- Sacramental support like Holy Communion, Anointing, baptisms and even weddings.
- Bereavement counseling Grief Support Groups.