COVID-19 Visitor Policy
As part of our commitment to protect our patients and staff, and to prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have implemented the following in our facilities:
Anyone entering our facilities must wear a mask over their nose and mouth, regardless of vaccination status.
Visitor restrictions are in effect for all our inpatient and outpatient facilities.
No visitors are currently permitted in our hospitals, surgery and emergency departments. Additionally, per a health order from the state of California, hospital or skilled nursing facility visitors must provide proof of full vaccination or a negative COVID-19 PCR test result which has been taken within 48 hours before entry or a negative COVID-19 antigen test result which has been taken within 24 hours before entry. This is not applicable to those visiting lab, pharmacy, or radiology, or those visiting patients in critical condition or near death. Limited exceptions for essential support persons.
These visitor restrictions correspond directly to the CDC-published COVID-19 transmission rates in the county that our hospitals are located and are based on 4 levels of transmission rates: high, substantial, moderate, or low.
Hospital and Emergency Department visitation
No visitors, except for groups listed below.
Exceptions, up to 2 designated visitors:
• Pediatrics Unit, NICU, or PICU
• Labor & Delivery (including prearranged doula)
• Hospice or end of life
• Patients with disabilities (physical, intellectual, cognitive impairments and/or developmental disabilities)
Exception, 1 visitor for:
• Perioperative Patients (until taken to prep/discharge planning)
Medical Office Buildings and Clinics
1 support person in the exam room* for:
- Pediatric patients (2 adults if multiple children have appointments)
- Patients with disabilities, language or emotional support needs
- Patients having an OB ultrasound
* Visitors not with the patient in the exam room must wait outside the clinic.
Safety precautions for all facilities:
- Hospital visitor hours: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Follow instructions from staff.
- Maintain all safety precautions: masking, social distancing, hand washing, and instructions from staff. Stay home if you are sick.
- Symptom screening of all visitors (hospital and surgery).
- No visitors with COVID-19 symptoms or suspected COVID-19.
- Visitors should limit movement in the facility.
- No eating or drinking in patients rooms.
- No visitors under 12; visitors under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Consider asking if a virtual visit is possible.
- Additional visitor guidelines are available at kp.org/COVID-19.
- Visit kp.org/covidvaccine for more information about COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Masks required at all times, even if you are vaccinated.