Visitor Policy and COVID-19 Information
As part of our commitment to protect our patients and staff, and to prevent the spread of infectious diseases affecting our communities (including COVID-19 and monkeypox), we have implemented the following in our facilities:
Anyone entering our facilities must continue to wear a well-fitted mask, that covers their nose, mouth and chin, regardless of vaccination status. You may receive a recommendation to wear a KP supplied mask upon entry to facility to improve safety. Please adhere to all self-symptom screening required for entry to our facilities as posted at entry points.
Our hospital visitor restrictions correspond directly to the CDPH-published COVID-19 transmission rates in the county that our hospitals are located and are based on 4 levels of transmission rates: high, substantial, moderate, or low. For your local facility visitor policy information please check the list below.
Medical Office Buildings and Clinics
1 support person in the exam room* for:
- Pediatric patients (2 adults if multiple children have appointments)
- Patients with disabilities, language or emotional support needs
- Patients having an OB ultrasound
* Visitors not with the patient in the exam room must wait outside the clinic.
Safety precautions for all facilities:
- Follow instructions from staff.
- Maintain all safety precautions: masking, social distancing, hand washing, and instructions from staff. Stay home if you are sick.
- Symptom screening of all visitors (hospital and surgery).
- No visitors with COVID-19 symptoms or suspected COVID-19.
- Visitors should limit movement in the facility.
- No eating or drinking in patients rooms.
- Visitors under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Consider asking if a virtual visit is possible.
- Additional visitor guidelines are available at kp.org/COVID-19.
- Visit kp.org/covidvaccine for more information about COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Masks required at all times, even if you are vaccinated.