Discover Kaiser Permanente in:
How Care & Coverage Makes Your Health Better
Why care & coverage together matters
When your doctors, health plan, pharmacy, and hospitals are connected, health care works better for you, becoming more affordable and hassle-free. Your average health plans can’t do that.
Our doctors work with you to make your care decisions, not an insurance company. So they can focus on the best care and health outcomes for you. They’re also supported by some of the nation’s most sophisticated health technology.
- Hundreds of our physicians make Top Doctors lists
- More of our members rate their doctor a 9 or a 10 than any other health plan in the area2
Health care that fits your life
Life can be complicated – but your health care doesn’t have to be. Our health system is designed with your convenience in mind. Care where and when you need it. Faster and earlier. That saves money, time, health — and lives.
- 35+ medical centers close to work and home
- Doctors, pharmacy, lab, imaging — all under one roof
- 15 Urgent Care centers, with 7 Advanced Urgent Care centers open 24/7, including lab and pharmacy
The future of health care — today
The future of health care revolves around you. Our integrated health system allows for a more proactive and personalized approach to your health. And our suite of digital tools puts you in control of how you get your care. This translates to a better care experience — and a healthier you. All of our plans offer:
- Your personal digital health record that keeps your care team connected in real time
- Video chats with a doctor via computer or mobile device3
- The KP app to get labs, order prescriptions, and more — wherever you are
Healthier & happier members
Helping people lead healthy lives is second nature here at Kaiser Permanente. And our care teams work hard to support healthier living for each of our members. That’s why our members stay with Kaiser Permanente nearly three times as long as other health plans.4
Top-rated commercial health plan
In the National Committee for Quality Assurance Commercial Health Plan Ratings 2022, our commercial plan is rated 5 out of 5, the highest in the nation.5
- Top-rated commercial health plan
- Top-rated Medicare plan
- Top-rated Medicaid plan
- Our doctors earn top accolades
- 5 stars for Medicare
- The physicians who practice at Kaiser Permanente are recognized as Top Doctors in Northern Virginia Magazine (2023), Washingtonian magazine (2022), and Baltimore magazine (2022).
- Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS). Rating of Personal Doctor, CAHPS Health Plan Survey, 5.0H, 2013, Adult Questionnaire, (Commercial).
- When appropriate and available. If you travel out of state, phone appointments and video visits may not be available in select states due to licensing laws. Laws differ by state.
- Kaiser Permanente internal data, 2019; “12 Trends Influencing the Future of Workplace Benefits,” Aflac, 2018; U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2018.”
- NCQA Commercial Health Plan Ratings 2022. This award was not given by Medicare.
- NCQA Medicare Health Plan Ratings 2022. This award was not given by Medicare.
- NCQA Medicaid Health Plan Ratings 2022. This award was not given by Medicare.
- Every year, Medicare evaluates plans based on a 5-star rating system.