Discover Kaiser Permanente in:
Our Doctors = Better Care
Great health starts with a great doctor
Kaiser Permanente of the Mid-Atlantic States has 1,600+ specially selected physicians, all board-certified/board-eligible — and they’re recognized in the community for the quality of care they provide. On a scale of 1 to 10, more of our members rate their doctor a 9 or 10 than any other health plan in the area.1
Every year, hundreds of Kaiser Permanente physicians make the “Top Doctors” lists in numerous specialties, including oncology, obstetrics, cardiology, orthopedics, pediatrics, family medicine, and more.2
Our physicians are supported by and connected to a wide range of caregivers and professionals: nurses, clinicians, lab technicians, and pharmacists — as well as 23,000+ Kaiser Permanente physicians nationwide.
Kaiser Permanente has pioneered how an integrated care delivery system, with its own specialists and multidisciplinary care teams, can prevent disease and provide high quality care. Every day, we make a commitment to early detection, cutting-edge research, and superior individualized and evidence-based medical care, delivered with compassion.
Learn about our commitment to excellence.
Our health care system offers more than 50 services and specialties
Choose your doctor — and change anytime
At Kaiser Permanente we make sure you have your own personal physician who knows you. Getting you connected with a doctor who suits your individual needs is our top priority. When you have a doctor you connect with, it’s easier to stay healthy.
A care team fueled by technology
Technology turbocharges our care. Every provider in the Kaiser Permanente Medical Group is connected to each other and to the world’s largest civilian electronic health records system — allowing our physicians up-to-date information on members’ care.
This connectivity means faster, better-informed decisions from physicians and better treatment paths for you. Our physicians are empowered to:
- Discuss patient issues, diagnoses, and treatment options in real time
- Study data from more than 9 million records to detect signs of emerging chronic conditions
- Access innovative population health management tools
- Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS). Rating of Personal Doctor, CAHPS Health Plan Survey, 5.0H, 2013, Adult Questionnaire, (Commercial).
- Permanente doctors are recognized as Top Doctors in Northern Virginia Magazine (2020), Washingtonian magazine (2019), Baltimore magazine (2019), and Washington Consumers’ CHECKBOOK magazine (2018).
- Approximate as of December 31, 2019, representing all specialties; excluding pool, network and referral physicians as well as locum tenens. https://about.kaiserpermanente.org/who-we-are/fast-facts