Why pay up to $800 per year for a gym membership?1
Earn a free gym membership!2
Not a member?
Shop our plans or speak to your human resources administrator about offering Kaiser Permanente at your company.
How it works
Visit kp.org/activeandfit and register to use the website before going to the gym.
Choose a Participating Gym. Go to facility directory.
Pay your annual program fee of no more than $200 directly to the gym. There will be no more monthly dues to worry about!
For 24 Hour Fitness: If you’re currently a member or would like to join 24 Hour Fitness, visit kp.org/activeandfit or call toll-free 1-877-750-2746, Monday – Friday, 5 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Pacific time), to pay your annual program fee before going to the gym.
Get fit and get your money back.
Work out at a participating gym at least 45 days for a minimum of 30 minutes per session by the end of 2018. That’s less than once per week! Once you meet the 45-day, 30-minute per session activity requirement, you’ll get your annual program fee back.4
Please note: Kaiser Permanente Fit Rewards is a calendar year program available January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2018. Fit Rewards resets each calendar year, beginning January 1. You must pay your annual membership fee and enroll again on or after January 1, 2018 to participate. Once you’ve enrolled, work out 45 days for 30 minutes a session at their gym before December 31, 2018 to earn the reimbursement.
Find participating gym locations in your area
- MAP. current menu item
Don't want to go to a gym? No problem!
For $10 per year, you can choose up to 2 Home Fitness Kits each calendar year. These kits may include DVDs, guides, and other items to help you get fit on your own terms.5
With Kaiser Permanente Fit Rewards, you also have access to online resources that include:
- Tools to help you track your exercise at a gym through a wearable fitness device or app6
- Online educational classes
- Fun and social fitness challenges
- A quarterly newsletter
Frequently asked questions
Still have questions? For more information about the Kaiser Permanente Fit Rewards Program:
Call 1-877-750-2746, Monday through Friday, 5 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Pacific time).
1. The true cost of gym memberships. CNBC.com, September 11, 2008.
2. With the exception of earning your annual program fee back by exercising 45 days a year for at least 30 minutes, your annual program fee is not refundable and will not be prorated.
3. Medicare and QUEST Integration (Medicaid) members are not eligible for the Kaiser Permanente Fit Rewards Program.
4. Reimbursement is limited to your annual program fee each benefit year. Taxes and additional charges you pay your gym for classes, services, or amenities are not included in the program and are not eligible for reimbursement. Gym visits made before you pay annual program fee do not count towards the reimbursement requirement. Please consult with your own tax advisor about the taxability of the reimbursement. Please refer to your Benefit Summary for details, including conditions, limitations, and exclusions.
5. Members can take advantage of either the Gym Membership Program or Home Fitness Program. The $10 Home Fitness Program annual fee is not reimbursable.
6. Purchase of wearable fitness device or app is not included.
The Active&Fit website is available for members who are 18 years or older.
Kaiser Permanente Fit Rewards is a value-added service and not part of your medical benefits. Your annual fee does not count toward your health plan’s annual out-of-pocket maximum. For details, see your Benefit Summary.
Kaiser Permanente Fit Rewards is administered by American Specialty Health Fitness, Inc. (ASH Fitness), a subsidiary of American Specialty Health Incorporated (ASH) through its Active&Fit® program. Active&Fit and the Active&Fit logo are federally registered trademarks of ASH and used with permission herein.