Spaghetti Squash Tacos
Makes enough for sixteen 6-inch tacos
(from the Smitten Kitchen cookbook)
- 3 pound spaghetti squash (1 large squash)
- 2 tablespoon of lime but can squeeze to taste
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- corn tortillas
- 15 oz of black beans or more, if you like black beans
- 4 oz of feta cheese, cotija cheese( or if you do not want to dairy- no need to add)
- 1/4 diced red onion
- 1/4 cup of parsley or flat leaf parsley
I microwaved the spaghetti squash that had holes in it for 6-7 minutes but probably variable depending on microwave. It should feel somewhat soft when you take it out. I cut open and took out the seeds, which you can roast like pumpkin seeds if you like. Then I took out the spaghetti like squash into a large bowl and mixed the spices. I spiced based on my taste so I like more cumin and chili powder so the amounts are not strict.
Then after heating up the corn tortillas, make your taco with the cheese, black beans, spaghetti squash, cilantro or parsley, and red onion. My kids enjoyed this recipe too!